Wednesday, September 2, 2009

More Half Truths from High Tax Tom

Well, not exactly. In this case, the half truths are from the head of a union that just endorsed him. Once again, we're seeing that High Tax Tom is getting the endorsements of his fat cat buddies at the top of the food chain. Almost a hundred union members and working men showed up tonight at a fundraiser for Ed Mangano. I doubt five real working men would show up anywhere for Tom Suozzi.

High Tax Tom has been a plague to the working men of Long Island. First of all, they can't hardly afford to live here anymore. Not after the taxes that give Taxin' Tommy his name. Second, I've seen ZERO construction on the roads. I mean, come on. Our roads are literally falling apart. When I got home today, my lower back hurt from the wild ride I'd had over some of the potholed roads Tom refuses to fix or pave. Hell, Obama gave him a gift -- stimulus money! That was supposed to be used to rebuild infrastructure and repave the roads. Instead, Taxin Tom used it to plug his budget so he can go around claiming to have 'fixed Nassau.' Keep in mind that Tom is the same guy who claimed that his botched Fix Albany campaign was the reason that Senator Bruno, Speaker Silver and Governor Pataki were able to pass a budget on time. The man has no shame.

Anyway, this is a quote from Suozzi's website.

“We’ve had bumps in the road,” said John Durso, president of the Long Island Federation of Labor. “The truth is any county executive worth his salt is going to be tough. What we don’t want is someone who won’t listen to our needs and tries to take advantage of labor. Tom’s never done that.”

Translation -- the CE is so tough that he called me and put the screws to me. I want to say he's screwed labor over, but I'm a boss. Bosses never get screwed. The real working me? The hell do I know about them?

Regarding Suozzi's mass layoffs of his members -- “It wasn’t an easy time, but it was worked out,” Durso said.

Translation -- Who cares? I'm sure Tom will take care of me when he is up in Albany. Workers? They just pay the dues.

“The Lighthouse is a major concern for labor,” Durso said. “It’ll bring jobs during construction and after it’s built. The Lighthouse would be a key economic boost, as would the revitalization of Glen Cove.”

Translation -- I don't know what this means. High Tax Tom can't do anything without mentioning the Lighthouse and it's phantom benefits, so I'll throw it in. And Glen Cove is a thriving city, made so by Taxin' Tom himself. The fact that he bankrupted the place and made it the most debt ridden city of its size in America is not relevant. But then again, Mr. Durso, if it was so thriving why do we need to revitilize it? Oh and one more thing...Ed Mangano has a record of creating jobs and working with local governments, but I don't care. Tom said in his press conference that the lighthouse is important and that he supports it, so it must be true.

Durso did that “Ed Mangano is a good man and a good friend and we work well togheter on a number of issues. But Tom’s an incumbant and we’re comfortable with the work we’ve done.”


Translation -- Ed's really the man for labor and working people since he cares and listens and doesn't throw a 2 year old child's temper tantrum when he doesn't get his way. And Tom is an incumbent so I have to support him since if I don't I might get 'hurt.'

Mr. Durso -- you are a disgrace to the working men of Long Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment